Tuesday, May 11, 2010

TV Dinner


Occasionally I try to eat healthy (refer to the sandwich, not the wine) at home, for a few reasons:
1. I eat rather rich/unhealthy food outside
2. I don't spend enough time at the gym
3. Healthy meals are easier to prepare (most of the time)

This blog is not about healthy food, but it's about TV Dinners. With our busy lifestyle (work & pleasure), families rarely have dinner like how it used to be. We get back when we want to get back home. We stay late at the office. We get stuck in the jam & the list goes on & on. 

I am guilty as charged as well. The only time we (my sister, my nephew & I) get to eat together is over the weekend(occasionally). As much as I still like to party over the weekend, I look forward to this simple (oh well, depends on who is cooking & how many guest we have) dinner we have at home. It's the only time we spend quality time together. Food certainly bring friends & family together, in this part of the world.

 Perhaps one day, it will all be TV Dinners. 

How often do you eat at home, with your family?

2 comments:

  1. I used to eat so often with my parents when I still stayed with them in Subang... perfectly healthy home cooked Chinese stir fry stuff... that is the secret to my spotless skin.

    The thing is, our flat is so small, the dining table is just in front of the television. So yah many TV Dinners together, except we actually did talk and comment etc... sometimes anyway...

    I sort of miss that sort of communication. If I do eat with them now, rarely is it spent in the Subang flat anymore... it feels to stuffy -- I am of course, a big bird now and big birds don't return to their nest. Or not?............

    I like your little domestic-sounding posts. Please do post more of them :)...

    -- From an admirer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JK, my admirer ... just when I thought nobody besides me read my blog, you come along :)

    Perhaps, you should re-create the home cooked Chinese dishes at your own nest. On the other hand, even the biggest bird should go back to its original nest, occasionally. Or get a biggest nest to replace the small & stuffy nest.

    -- from an amateur blogger --

    ReplyDelete