Thursday, May 6, 2010

In Search Of ...



One favorite pastime for Malaysian certainly is eating & some of us will go all out for the best of something. For example, some of us are willing to travel all the way to Klang for Bak Kut Teh, which apparently is the birthplace of Bak Kut Teh, but we are not going get into that debate today.
 
If it's Hainanese Chicken Ball Rice, we are willing make a weekend trip to Malacca. I can't really tell the difference between the Bak Kut Teh in KL compared to the ones in Klang, but I would certainly travel all the way to Malacca for the Hainanese Chicken Ball Rice (plus the fact that they have Satay Celup, Nyonya food & Portuguese Baked Fish).

My current search is for the best Crispy Pork Rice.  Criteria:
1. Crispy on the outside
2. Tender & moist on the inside
3. Tasty oil rice (the "chicken rice" rice)
4. Clean restaurant is a bonus :)

Sounds simple & yet I have not found my perfect Crispy Pork Rice. The reason there is no rice in the picture above is because the restaurant ran out of "chicken rice" rice & I did not want to have it with plain white rice. Yes, I am fussy.

Have you found your perfect Crispy Pork Rice?

No comments:

Post a Comment