Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Julie & Julia



Not sure if "Julie & Julia" ever made it to Malaysian cinema. What a waste if it didn't, but thanks to the reliable DVD seller, I managed to get a good clear copy of the movie, which I enjoyed with a good company & a few glasses of wine. Meryl Streep's acting was suberb. On the other hand, I don't remember watching Meryl Streep's movie which I didn't like. It's amazing that she can play such diverse roles & yet do it so well, each time. Just love the way she rolls her eyes & deep inside I want to be Miranda Presley.

Grabbed the a book a couple of weeks later at Border, the "Buy 1 get 1 at 50% discount" was too good to resist. The other book, "The Kite Runner" sits along with all the books, which I have not read & "Julie & Julia" is my current bedtime story.

The book has inspired me in many ways. Simple because Julia Child started learning cooking at the age of 37 & I am 37 this year. What a coincidence? Actually, I am not sure if Julia Child or  Julie Powell is the source of the inspriration, but it's doesn't really matter. When one does what he or she is passionate about, it becomes less work & more joy. 

Did any book inspire you in any way?

No comments:

Post a Comment