Friday, April 23, 2010

Breakfast Time



I am not sure what you think when you wake up, but the first thought that normally goes into my mind would be "What shall I eat for breakfast?", right before "What is my first meeting for the day & am I prepared for it?".

This breakfast was at a kopitiam which has been around since for 1928, Kedai Makanan Yut Kee (loosely translated as Yut Kee Coffee House).

The most famous dish over here is Roti Babi (Pork Bun), which I have not tried yet, perhaps one day, just perhaps. The other pork dish(that I have tried), which is well know here is Roast Pork. It's only served over the weekend & it's crispy on the outside, juicy & tender in the inside. The Roast Pork is served with Apple Jam, but it so good by itself. The dishes which I came back here for are; Belacan Fried Rice, Hailam Fried Mee Hoon & of course the Half Boiled Egg with Kaya & Toast.


One would probably say "You can get the same Hard Boiled Egg, Toast with Kaya & Coffee elsewhere".
Which is true, but the ambiance & the fact that the business has been handed over from dad to son to grandson, cannot be duplicated.

What's your favorite breakfast?

2 comments:

  1. WOW !!! I WANT THE PORK BUN !!! sound so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piaget - sounds nice, looks nice but I think it has 100,000 calories ....

    ReplyDelete