Friday, April 16, 2010

Caesar Salad

 

Often, I am labeled as a creature of habit. Not that I am complaining about it. I have this of habit eating the same salad, almost all the time, Caesar Salad. For the same reason, I always drink Sup Kambing when ever I eat at a restaurant serving Sup Kambing. It's the search for the best Caesar Salad, it's the search for the best Sup Kambing.

In my opinion, a perfect Caesar Salad should have
1. Romaine Lettuce and only Romaine Lettuce
2. Coddled Egg for the dressing
3. Poached or what I call 3/4 Boiled Egg on the salad
4. Good Olive Oil 
5. Parmesan Cheese
6. Courtons
7. Anchovies, on the salad or in the dressing, despite what Julia Child says - There are no anchovies in Caesar Salad - an excerpt out of From Julia Child's Kitchen

At the moment my favourite Caesar Salad(above) is from Delicious

What is your favourite salad?

4 comments:

  1. The salmon looks so perfect on Caesar, so hungry now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piaget - tried to make it look pinkier , but failed ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anchovies in Salad too. It brings out the 'kick'. This looks so good. I want to have this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merryn - I stopped blogging for a long time. Just saw the comment :)

    ReplyDelete