Monday, June 28, 2010

Alcoholic

 
Both the photos above were taken on a Sunday. One in the afternoon & one in the evening. Both of them quickly earned me the title "alcoholic", as I posted them on facebook. It's amazing how much two simple images can put such an imagination into people's head. 

Little did they know, the cocktail (which I loosely called Sangria) had 70% orange juice, apple juice, orange, apple and 30% red wine & Grand Marnier. On Saturday, my sister bought a bottle of red wine, which tasted bad (& had even worse after taste). Instead of forcing it down our throat, I decided to make a cocktail out it. I had two glasses of it, over the period of 3 hours. Later that night, as we were eating in a German Bistro (which played ESPN Live way too loud), I wanted to try a German beer, but unfortunate Belgium won & I had Leffe Blond. Of which, I had a bottle. 

So 2 glasses of cocktail & 1 bottle of beer, had earned me the title "alcoholic".

How often do we assume, without asking the simpliest question?

p/s I am not promoting the consumption of alcohol on a daily basis, but anything done in moderation is acceptable. Many of us (including me), have seen or experienced how alcoholism breaks-up families & destroys careers.

2 comments:

  1. Guess ppl are just teasin you on fb by callin you an alcoholic, they dont mean it that way.

    But of course, not many ppl like bein assumed. But also think about it, are we callin the kettles black? Are we the pots?

    But after all, we cant really control what ppl are goin to say right? So, "reelak la!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fine ... very relaxed ... just needed something to blog ... ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete